Also known as Amy, but the majority of the time it's 'Mammy'. I'm Mammy to my little munchkin Oskar (born Oct '10) a little diva, Erika (born Mar '13) two cats; Sid and Nancy and three fishies. I'm partial to a spot of leopard print, Hello Kitty and anything cat related. I love the sea and want to live right by it one day. Rock and Roll is my music of choice, and I enjoy a glass of wine, or three. Taking photographs and eating cheese and olives are also very important.

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Hospital

As I lie in hospital I suppose it's the perfect time to write a blog post, so here goes..
The past few weeks have been horrible! I've been admitted to hospital 4 or 5 times (this is my 2nd overnight stay) because of my high blood pressure and because they keep finding protein in my wee. It's looking like preeclampsia so they're probably gonna induce me early, because they're finding it hard to control my blood pressure with medication, in 3 weeks I've gone from 200mg to 300mg, and today 400mg of labetalol. They've also given me an steroid injection to help the baby's lungs in case she has to be born early.
The worst part of being in hospital is leaving my little munchkin! He stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's house the first time I had to stay in, and tonight he's at Auntie Nicola's house because my Mam and Dad are still in Norway.
I'm 35 weeks tomorrow, and today at my scan Erika is weighing/measuring at 5lb which is quite a decent weight for how far along I am, but she'll be nowhere as big as her brother was! Also I found out she's 100% a girl, so I can stop worrying about the hot pink and Hello Kitty overload! I'm gonna get some early baby clothing because I don't think the stuff I've bought is going to fit, but I found the cutest stuff in Sainsburys so that's okay with me!
I miss Oskar so much and probably won't see him until tomorrow tea time, but that will make it even more lovely when I do! Personally I don't know now parents can cope palming their children off on friends/family members every weekend, I much prefer his company than anyone's!
My next post will probably be when baby is born as I have a feeling it isn't going to be a very long time, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment