Also known as Amy, but the majority of the time it's 'Mammy'. I'm Mammy to my little munchkin Oskar (born Oct '10) a little diva, Erika (born Mar '13) two cats; Sid and Nancy and three fishies. I'm partial to a spot of leopard print, Hello Kitty and anything cat related. I love the sea and want to live right by it one day. Rock and Roll is my music of choice, and I enjoy a glass of wine, or three. Taking photographs and eating cheese and olives are also very important.

Saturday 15 June 2013

12 Week Vaccinations

Yesterday were Erika's 12 week vaccinations. And I walked to the doctors which is exactly a mile away with Erika in her Mei Tai carrier and Oskar walking beside me. It went surprisingly smoothly. We even dropped Oskar's nursery application off on the way! And picked up another from a different nursery! Erika is very happy whilst strapped to me. Oskar didn't want to hold my hand because he had to do 'torch eyes' the whole way.. Not sure what torch eyes are meant to be but this is them...
    
He's a lovely little weirdo...

When we got into the doctors we were called for and went in to get Erika's shots. As the lady was doing it Oskar shouted 'baby Erika doesn't like that! Don't hurt baby Erika' he was so concerned it was the cutest! She cried for about 30 seconds and then was ok. She then went in to get weighed and she's a chubby 12lb 9oz! She's doubled her birth weight plus some! Just as I was thinking how smoothly it had gone, Oskar decided he needed a wee. There's building work going on in the doctors so had to go through a right maze to find the toilet, we got there just in time, with Erika in one hand (I didn't have chance to put my carrier back on) and Oskar holding the other. The toilet is so small it's quite hard for one person to get in and shut the door, never mind 3 of us. Oskar couldn't get on the toilet and I couldn't lift him because I was holding Erika so I sort of picked him up by one arm and swung him on. He then had a wee but hadn't tucked his winky in properly so he weed on the floor and trousers, then the poo came! I had to some how in the tiny space wipe his bot whilst holding Erika (who had started twisting at this point) I managed (ish), although Oskar was very concerned about his wet trousers, I stuck Erika back in the carrier and set off home. 

On the way home we passed two middle aged women pushing prams, Oskar pointed at them and loudly said 'there's all the sexy ladies, Gangnam style, ooh bay-beh, bay-beh' erm thanks Oskar, I almost died! Haha!
Then about 10 minutes from home he informed me that he needed a wee again, so I told him to do a standy up wee in the bushes, so he took his pants down, and said 'oh poo's coming' I quickly pulled his pants up and practically ran home. We made it.. Just.


No comments:

Post a Comment